Desserts come in all shapes, sizes and flavors – and so do protein powders – so, when you combine the two worlds, the recipe possibilities are endless! Producers of healthy baked goods, such as Lenny & Larry’s, Chef Jay’s and MuscleMeds make cookies, brownies and other sweet treats that are high in protein and low in sugar, creating the ultimate guilt-free dessert. While their options are incredibly tasty and perfectly packaged for on-the-go snacking, nothing tastes better than a homemade dessert fresh from the oven!
In a recent Facebook contest, I put my feelers out to the Edible Epiphanies community for any great recipes using Quest Nutrition protein powder, as this particular brand is made with high-quality Whey and Milk Protein Isolates, contains no added sugar, and packs 23 grams of protein per scoop.
I received a number of creative recipes, including this Power Nut Smoothie, but was especially impressed with this delectable recipe from one of my favorite Edible followers, Denni. She swears by her Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Cookies, and after trying them myself, I knew this was a recipe that had to be shared! See below and get to baking, because your tummy deserves this tantalizing treat:
- 1 cup of Jif peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop of Quest Nutrition Salted Caramel Protein Powder
- 1 cup of Splenda
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand or use an electric mixer on low speed until all ingredients are blended to form a soft dough.
- Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough spaced evenly apart onto a non-greased baking sheet.
- Dip a fork in water and press the dough balls to make the cookies flat.
- Bake for 7 minutes for a soft cookie or 9 minutes for a crunchy cookie.
As Dennie prefers, I also opted for a softer cookie and they are absolutely delicious! This high-protein, low sugar dessert is one I’ll be enjoying for a while.