Fiber is an incredibly powerful, healthy nutrient that is an absolute necessity for any balanced diet. According to Dr. Mercola, fiber helps to:
- Control blood sugar by slowing the body’s breakdown of carbohydrates and the absorption of sugar
- Lower your risk of heart disease by up to 40 percent
- Decrease your stroke risk by 7 percent
- Improve weight loss among obese people by increasing feelings of fullness and slowing carbohydrate metabolism
- Improve skin health by moving yeast and fungus out of your body
- And many more benefits
Fiber is naturally found in vegetables, nuts and seeds, and play a critical role in digestive and overall health. When you want to fill up on some healthy (and absolutely delicious!) fiber, we have the BEST tasty treat for you: gnuFOODS FiberLove Bars! These tasty, hearty snack and meal-replacement bars are made in a variety of flavors, including Apple Cobbler, Coconut Macaroon, Banana Walnut, Blondie Bar, Blueberry Cobbler, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Brownie, and many more!
I recently tried these delightfully filling treats and fell in love with these favorites: Cinnamon Raisin, Carrot Cake and Blondie Bar. You can eat them on the run, in between meals, or crumble them over your favorite yogurt or ice cream for a soft and crumbly topping! The bars are all Vegan (with the exception of the Blondie Bar) and can be found in certain health food stores or purchased directly on their website.
Since women need an average of 25 grams of fiber per day and men should get about 38 grams per day, this is the perfect treat to help you on your way to reaching your daily intake goal! Each bar contains almost half of what you need, so eat up and enjoy!